How to Make a Shelter Dog Birthday Cake!
by Ian Germann
This “Dogust”, we have a special recipe for all the shelter dog’s out there! In this blog, we’ll be going into specific detail on how to best prepare an Evanger’s sweet potato cake for your four-legged friend.
- 1.5 cups of oat flower
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 3/4 cups of Evanger’s Sweet Potatoes
- 100 Grain and Gluten-free, Evanger’s Sweet Potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene, and allow for easy digestibility
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- We advise using unsweetened as most applesauces are problematic for dogs to consume due to their high sugar content
- 2 eggs
- Egg whites also make for a healthy treat!
- 3/4 cups of creamy unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour two 6-inch round cake pans.
- Whisk together your oat flour, baking soda and baking powder in a big bowl.
- Whisk together your sweet potato, applesauce, eggs and peanut butter in a separate bowl.
- Add in the flour bowl to the sweet potato bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- When fully mixed, pour the final batter evenly into the two cake pans and bake for 30 -35 minutes.
- After being baked, allow the cake to cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut the top off of one of the cakes and top with a thin layer of yogurt.
- Place the other cake layer on top of the yogurt.
- Mix the remaining yogurt and peanut butter for frosting.
We hoped that this helped you better understand how to prepare this dish, and we have no doubt that your pup will love the cake!
August 18, 2023
May 01, 2023
April 27, 2023